Director, Talent Acquisition
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health requires staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all in this together. Are you passionate about designing and leading candidate-centered talent acquisition strategies and systems in a diverse multi-country organization? If so, you may be our very first Director, Talent Acquisition.
As a key member of the People Operations team and reporting to the Managing Director, People Operations, the Director, Talent Acquisition will lead the talent acquisition process, partnering with hiring managers across Last Mile Health and serving as a brand ambassador with candidates and leaders outside of the organization. Additionally, the Director will serve as a strategic partner to LMH leadership while overseeing day-to-day recruitment operations, ensuring exceptional service in every interaction.
The Director will be responsible for leading LMH’s talent acquisition function, including developing and implementing a broad range of sourcing strategies, programs, and tactics to proactively build and maintain a strong pipeline of high-quality and diverse candidates for a diverse range of staffing needs across LMH’s program and business operations.
An ideal candidate for this role will be extremely data-driven in their approach to strategy and decision making, and equity-centered in hiring decisions and team engagement.
This position is only open to candidates who are Ghanian Nationals currently located in Ghana.
What You'll Do
- In partnership with stakeholders, plan, develop and implement a broad-based strategy for talent acquisition, recruitment, and retention across the organization to ensure that LMH continues to build strong teams.
- Build an employment brand for LMH, including new ways to broadcast and promote open roles, LMH’s culture, and what makes LMH a top employer.
- Develop and execute a broad range of sourcing strategies, programs processes, and tactics to proactively build and maintain a strong pipeline of high-quality and diverse candidates.
- Build and manage external relationships with colleges and universities, professional associations, and job boards to build talent pipelines for current and future job openings, and develop a network of potential future hires.
- Lead the full-cycle recruitment process for open positions, on a global scale, working with hiring managers and Coordinator, People Operations to fully scope roles, source and screen candidates, build and implement custom selection processes, and offer roles to finalists in alignment with LMH’s compensation model.
- Ensure a positive, smooth and efficient recruiting process both internally and externally; create a top-notch candidate experience through transparency and speed.
- Ensure that all recruitment and retention policies, processes and procedures are aligned to LMH standards and policies, including applicable equal employment regulations, and relevant federal, state and local laws and employment laws.
- Develop dashboards and recruiting metrics to make informed business decisions, gauge recruiting effectiveness, forecast hiring needs, and report out on key data.
- Research talent acquisition trends to launch improvements to talent acquisition strategy and tactics
- In partnership with the Managing Director of People Operations, review compensation model and bands as needed to ensure alignment with labor markets, making and communicating adjustments as needed.
- Prepare and review the annual talent acquisition budget, and manage external vendor contracts and relationships with job boards, relevant posting sites and HR software vendors ensuring optimal vendor performance and appropriate pricing.
- Lead, develop and energize the Talent Acquisition team, including the Coordinator, People Operations.
- Coach and consult with hiring managers on recruitment and talent mobility best practices to ensure that talent acquisition is driving the business to meet and achieve its goals.
What You'll Bring
- Demonstrated relevant experience, including progressive talent acquisition experience in the nonprofit, philanthropic, or corporate talent acquisition space.
- Several years in a talent acquisition leadership role
- Deep expertise and knowledge in talent acquisition best practice, sourcing strategies, employer branding, and related tools and technologies.
- Significant fluency with talent and recruitment metrics, with prior experience setting KPIs and analytics.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, and attention to detail.
- Proven experience communicating talent strategy to internal and external stakeholders, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal/regional employment laws, regulations, and best practice related to hiring compliance and standards.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, and various ATS.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and is effective in developing positive and productive relationships with all levels of staff and management across the organization.
You'll Impress Us If
- You have an impactful and engaging presentation style
- You are familiar with Jazz HR applicant tracking system
- You have past experience interacting with executive leadership
- You have experience building/maintaining compensation model structures
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: SLB-5
For Ghana, the range is $85,452 to $101,992 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.