Financial Grants Manager
This position was posted on November 14, 2022. While we review all applications on a rolling basis, please note that we will prioritize applications received within the first two weeks of the posting. Thank you.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health requires staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Are you skilled at partnering with teams to align finance, grants management, and programmatic goals? If so, you may be our next Financial Grants Manager.
Africa Frontline First (AFF) Initiative aims to support ten countries in Sub-Saharan Africa to build high-functioning, resilient, country-led community health service delivery with an expanded and institutionalized health workforce of 200,000 CHWs by 2030. Anchored within the local context and health reform journey of each country, these shifts in community health service delivery will contribute to reduce excess morbidity and mortality from COVID-19, Malaria, TB, and HIV, prevent maternal and child mortality, advance health security, and accelerate economic recovery at the community level following the pandemic. In turn, these investments in community health are critical to progress on the health SDGs, including ending AIDS, TB, and Malaria, expanding universal health coverage (UHC), and ensuring effective pandemic preparedness and response to COVID-19 and future pandemics.
The AFF initiative is led as a collaborative effort by the Financing Alliance for Health, Last Mile Health, and Community Health Impact Coalition under the leadership of President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
As part of the AFF Initiative, Last Mile Health anticipates receiving a contract to implement community health systems strengthening activities across multiple countries through subcontracted partners and technical assistance. This position will be primarily supporting this project, and is contingent on award.
The Financial Grants Manager manages the grant reports, leads financial grant oversight, and provides global compliance oversight under the direction of the Director, Finance. This position also works closely with Last Mile Health’s grants management function to provide accounting and grant support services to meet the needs of the organization and its partners.
This position is only open to candidates who are currently located and authorized to work in Ghana and will be hired on a 12-month fixed term contract with potential for renewal.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the Contract Management team on grant proposals and pre-award grants management
- Due diligence and support to/interaction with subcontractors
- Subcontract management including remote desktop audits, pre-assessment of grantees, and site visits
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of all required financial reports in accordance with LMH standards and donor requirements
- Actively manage grant-related post-award functions, including but not limited to budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, budget modifications, and grant closeout functions
- Analyze grant awards and ensure that all the allowable grant expenses (personnel & ODC) including the indirect rates are properly budgeted and accounted for
- Act as a strategic partner with program teams to provide monthly financial results, and advice regarding grant budgetary spending concerns
- Partner with Financial Planning & Analysis to develop forecasts, budgets, and budget revisions for programs
- Support annual planning by forecasting budget ceilings based on restricted grants and mapping budgeted expenses to grants
- Develop and improve policies and procedures that reflect best practices in the areas of grant budgeting, management, and reporting
- Leverage Finance team accounting system and tools to build automated reports to strengthen internal compliance as well as support reporting requirements
- Partner with Controller with year-end audits as well as various program specific audits, process journal entries, and other various projects if needed
What You'll Bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in a non-profit setting
- Demonstrated familiarity with diverse accounting functions
- Demonstrated computer skills and systems proficiency
- Ability to work cross-collaboratively with programmatic and grant management teams
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with the ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- The ability to design appropriate and useful management reports and demonstrate aptitude to identify problems in financial reports and implement required changes
You'll Impress Us If
- You have familiarity with NetSuite general ledger
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to their identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: GHA-3
For Ghana, the range is $27,206 - $42,046 USD depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.