At Last Mile Health (LMH), we dig data. Are you able to lead rigorous analysis that lead to applied health systems improvements? If so, you may be our next Senior Technical Coordinator for Monitoring and Evaluation.
As the Senior Technical Coordinator Monitoring and Learning reporting to the Director of National Community Health Systems (NCHS), you will collaborate with LMH’s government partners to plan, design, and inform deployment of robust systems needed to monitor and improve the performance of Liberia’s national Community Health Assistant (CHA) program. Ultimately, you will ensure best practices for research, monitoring, and evaluation are integrated into the national program strategy and that the Liberian Ministry of Health has the tools needed to drive high-quality community-based information systems.
What You'll Do
- Engage partners in developing work plans, strategy documents, and training modules, ensuring that the national CHA program is integrated with or operates alongside existing health management and human resource management information systems.
- Coordinate and organize a range of Ministry-based technical working groups, ensuring cross-functional and cross-partner collaboration.
- Lead and collaborate on digital policy planning with LMH Digital Health Director and government partners.
- Liaise with a range of LMH teams to create and share data collection tools and evaluation strategies to improve org-wide performance.
- Although this role is an independent contributor, act as a thought partner, technical authority, and coach to others on the NCHS team, ensuring that the team is positioned to achieve goals and accelerate its impact.
- Be available to travel up to 15%.
What You'll Bring
- Several years of experience successfully supporting government health agencies to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems, including providing high-touch technical assistance and partner engagement.
- Significant experience with quantitative methods, program evaluation, and managing data systems, including DHIS2.
- Strong project and budget management skills, including experience developing work plans and budgets.
- A track record of building productive and long-lasting relationships with external partners, such as governments and clinical institutions.
- Bachelor's degree in health-related field with 10 + years of experience or Master's degree in health-related field with 5+ years of experience.
You'll Impress Us If
- You have deep experience with analytical and management tools, such as Stata, SQL, or programming languages.
- Have an advanced clinical degree.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.