This role was posted on November 21, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputation and resources. Do you have experience developing and implementing processes to drive operational success? If so, you may be the perfect fit for our Operations Manager position.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Operational Services, the Operations Manager will lead the daily financial activities, people systems administration and the day to day operations work required for the successful running of the Ghana office, which serves as a Africa base Global office.
They will work closely with LMH’s Global Finance team, People Operations team, Operational services team and the head of the Ghana office to ensure adequate resources are available to support Ghana based teams and visitors and the implementation of the Ghana office objectives, while at the same time making sure the organization is in compliance with organizational policies and relevant government laws and regulations.
The Ghana Operations Manager would play an essential role in supporting Ghana base staff to ensure high quality employee and office culture and hence should be committed to Operational excellence
This position is only open to candidates who are Ghanaian Nationals currently located in the greater Accra region of Ghana.
What You'll Do
- Perform all daily finance activities, including processing of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, and general ledger functions.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of some balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable.
- Maintain a centralized vendor administration function against provider payouts.
- Liaise with team members in managing cash disbursements and record keeping.
- Assist in putting together budgets for the Ghana office
- Maintain relationships with local banking service providers to ensure the efficient running of our e-banking and payment systems.
- Working alongside the Global People Operations team and support in organizing employee onboarding and offboarding
- Ensure employee information is properly stored in LMH’s HR systems and personnel files
- Process payroll and manage benefits for Ghana based staff with support from Global Finance and People Operations teams
- Ensure compliance of the Ghana team/office to all Organizational People Operations Policies and Government Labor laws and regulations
- Lead initiative to strengthen team culture and community across teams in the Ghana office the Ghana office
- Oversee facilities management (including office supplies, cleaning schedule, Security, maintenance)
- In accordance with LMH’s procurement and other Operational policies, procure and manage office supplies and assets
- Offer day to day operational support to Ghana based team, including travel, transportation, hardware and software systems support in collaboration with relevant teams
- Manage vendors who provide services for the Ghana office
- Ensure the Ghana office is well maintained and fit for purpose for staff
- Work with the head of the Ghana office and the Global Director for Safety and Security to ensure the right processes and systems to ensure the Safety & Security of staff and visitors
- Provide support for visitors in country and coordinate other Global and country events that would take place in Ghana
- Manage filing of registrations, financial reports filing with Registrar General, tax filings and other filings required by the government.
- Assist in the writing of Policy and developing SOPs
- Work with other organizations to ensure Last Mile Health is keeping to industry standards in Ghana
- Support with any LMH Ghana office statutory registrations as needed
- Support Global Operations and the head of the Ghana office in developing office specific policies and SOPs and rolling it out with the Ghana staff
- Review and renew office leases, commercial insurance, subscriptions and vendor contracts
- Serve as a liaison with Business regulators (including Ghana Revenue Authority, Registrar General, Auditors, Pensions) and the Organisation
- Ensure the running of the Ghana office is compliant with Last Mile’s Policies and values and meets all relevant industry and donor standards
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Business Administration, Finance, etc.) or its equivalent
- Relevant years of professional experience in business operations, systems building and team coordination
- Ability to work independently with support from a remote team
- Strong project management skills
- Attention to detail, deadlines, and quality of delivery
- Good customer service skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external stakeholders to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have demonstrated experience in managing operations for multi-national organizations in Ghana
- You have experience using Netsuite ERP systems
- You have experience working with online banking systems
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
- The Band for this position: GHA-3
- For Ghana, the range is $32,153 - $42,046 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.