Manager, Grants and Partnerships (Ghana or US)
This role was posted on April 4, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Do you have experience collaborating with diverse teams to support effective grant management and write compelling donor reports? If so, you may be the perfect fit for the Manager, Grants and Partnerships position on our Partnerships & Communications team!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Grants and Partnerships, this position functions as a key liaison between all departments (programmatic and operational) to ensure internal clarity on post-award requirements & responsibilities and to produce grant reports that are high-quality, accurate, and fit-for-purpose.
The Manager, Grants and Partnerships will work closely with Partnerships & Communications, Programs, and Finance teams to ensure that the scope and terms & conditions of each grant are clearly understood and that there is clear distribution of responsibilities to enable successful execution of donor commitments. The Manager will also coordinate across teams to complete high-quality, on-time grant reporting across Last Mile Health’s diverse set of 60+ institutional funding partners.
This role is open to candidates either based in Accra, Ghana or in the eastern seaboard of the United States. Candidates must have the ability to work in one of the countries listed.
What You'll Do
Produce high-quality, on-time reporting
- Maintain tools and processes to track and manage reporting deliverables, deadlines, and submission
- Coordinate across teams to source programmatic, Monitoring & Evaluation, and financial inputs
- Develop high-quality narrative reporting, ensuring appropriate framing and tailoring for audience that promotes funders’ understanding of Last Mile Health’s work and plays a key role in securing renewal funding
- Develop ad-hoc materials requested from funders
Implement the pre- to post-award handover process
- Adapt and improve tools and processes to enable effective handover of newly-awarded grants from the pre-award/proposal phase to the post-award/grants management phase.
- Lead the pre- to post-award handover for newly-awarded grants, proactively ensuring that roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and distributed and that teams have the information they need for successful and compliant grant execution
Implement systems for grants management
- Maintain and improve grant-related knowledge management systems, including Salesforce and Google Drive
- Participate and contribute as a key member of Last Mile Health’s cross-team grants management function
What You'll Bring
- Progressive years of grants administration, donor reporting, project management, and/or on a development/fundraising team
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop clear and convincing written materials
- Experience designing, implementing, and adapting cross-team systems and processes while maintaining buy-in from all stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems (Raisers’ Edge, Donor Perfect) desired
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective project files for accountability and audit purposes
- Bachelor’s degree required, academic focus in public health or related field a plus.
You'll Impress Us If
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and relationship-building qualities
- You have successful and proven negotiation, communication, and organization skills
- You have knowledge of compliance requirements for major donors, including USAID, DFID, EU
- You have high-level skills in coaching, mentoring, and capacity building around donor compliance requirements
- You have flexibility and ability to multi-task in a time-sensitive manner
- You have the ability to work independently with limited structural support
- You have the ability to work as a team with program staff at all levels without holding any direct line management authority
- You have comfort working with a casual but high-performing team
- You have commitment to health and social justice
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: GHA-3
For Ghana, the range is $22,260 - $42,046 USD depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
For the US, the range is $63,000 - $79,633 dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role. Please note that compensation is subject to US taxes.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Last Mile Health. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.