iCHIS Implementation Consultant - Salima District
This role was posted on December 16, 2022 and is open until January 4, 2023.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we dig data. Do you have experience working with digital tools in community health and a desire to support programming in Salima? If so, you may be an excellent Integrated Community Health Information System (iCHIS) Implementation Consultant.
LMH has partnered with the Ministry Of Health (MoH) through the Community Health Services Sections (CHSS) and Digital Health Division (DHD) to implement the community health program in line with the National Community Health Strategy (2017 - 2021) and the Digital Health Strategy (2020-2025).
As part of streamlining, harmonizing, and integrating community health service delivery, the MoH is implementing iCHIS that will be rolled out to all community health workers across the 29 health districts. LMH is working with the MoH to support implementation of iCHIS in three districts of Salima, Machinga and Balaka to ensure a strengthened and robust community health system is in place to offer both routine community health services as well as much needed digitized service delivery at community level.
The Consultant will work in close collaboration with LMH’s Digital Health Specialist to build capacity of district teams on the use of iCHIS, strengthen communication and coordination processes with the district health management team to facilitate effective oversight of iCHIS interventions, as well as supporting effective program delivery.
This contracted role is only open to candidates who live in Salima.
- Commitment – 6 months at 40 hours per week
- Contract Type- Consultancy
- Reports to- District Community Health Coordinator (DCHC) and LMH Digital Health Manager
- Location – Salima District
What You'll Do
- Facilitate meetings with district and external stakeholders to work on a district iCHIS implementation plan.
- Orient and mentor district integrated supportive teams to provide iCHIS supportive supervision to Health Surveillance Assistants (HSAs) and Senior Health Surveillance Assistants (SHSAs).
- Build capacity of the district Health Management Information System (HMIS) ,and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) officers to enable them to troubleshoot iCHIS and support users.
- Provide support to the district iCHIS help desk, ensuring that all the issues raised are recorded, tracked, resolved and reported.
- Facilitate and organize refresher training to iCHIS end users and district supportive supervision teams as needed.
- Through the DEHO, Support DHMT members on iCHIS data analysis and make available data on different community health spheres.
- Track, report and escalate any challenges that are raised by iCHIS users to the district health officers/the national iCHIS support team following outlined iCHIS issue reporting procedure.
- Undertake visits to selected CHWs to document impact of ICHIS on CHWs work and overall data usage.
- Represent LMH at District Executive Committees (DEC) meetings and periodically make presentations of LMH key deliverables in the respective district.
- Submit monthly reports to the DCHC and LMH Digital Health Manager.
What You’ll Bring
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Public Health, or Environmental Health.
- Additional training in Digital Health, Data Analytics, and knowledge of DHIS2 is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in GSuite, and Microsoft office suite.
- Demonstrable coordination capabilities to work with district health teams and different stakeholders at district level
- IT mentoring abilities of district teams and community health workers.
- Attention to detail, result focused and goal getter disposition.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and possess a motorcycle riding licence.
- More than 3 years’ working experience in an NGO set up.
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have strong knowledge and experience in digital health in relation to improved community health outcomes is an advantage.
- You have previous and/or current experience working in Salima district.
- You have prior working experience in the health sector and currently based in these districts is an advantage.
- You have previously worked at the district level in Salima.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and currently works in Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone with US offices in Boston. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.