Senior Coordinator, Digital Health (Malawi)
This position was posted on May 5, 2023. While we review all applications on a rolling basis, please note that we will prioritize applications received within the first two weeks of the posting. Thank you.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have demonstrable experience and expertise in collaborating program planning and implementation? If so, you may be our next Senior Coordinator, Digital Health.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Health, the Senior Coordinator, Digital Health will work closely with the Malawi program team members to ensure that Last Mile Health’s strategic and programmatic priorities are executed in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH).
In this role, the Senior Coordinator, Digital Health, will lead and coordinate the integrated community health information systems (iCHIS) implementation in Last Mile Health (LMH) supported districts. The Senior Coordinator, Digital Health will also carry out ad hoc project support and coordination functions as assigned by the Senior Manager- Digital Health. Finally, the Senior Coordinator, Digital Health will represent LMH by serving as a liaison with various stakeholders and attending coordination meetings.
This position is based in Lilongwe, Malawi and only open to candidates who are Malawian currently located in Lilongwe, Malawi. It will be hired on a 4-month fixed-term contract with potential for renewal.
- Commitment – 4 months at 40 hours per week
- Start date - May, 2023
- Location –Lilongwe, Malawi
- Remuneration- $2,697.25 USD per month
What You'll Do
- Work with LMH Global Education team, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team and relevant departments in the MOH to support the design and development of digital health related upskilling for community health workers. Including digital literacy content as well as training manuals.
- Ensure iCHIS (both APP and the hardware) are fully deployed, implemented and functional at all times.
- Lead in the design and development of iCHIS training plans and iCHIS training implementation.
- Facilitate procurement of iCHIS tablets and accessories
- Develop standards that ensure sustainable deployment of iCHIS as well as identify opportunities for automation of existing deployment processes.
- Manage and supervise iCHIS district coordinators in LMH supported districts
- Work with the iCHIS district coordinators to build capacity of the district teams on iCHIS implementation and data use.
- Work with MERL to develop and implement iCHIS assessment tools; conduct reviews and deployment operations; Maintain clear records and data on all workshops and capacity building sessions.
- With support from the Operations team, help coordinate the logistics for capacity building activities, including coordinating with trainees, on their attendance and travel needs.
Program Support and Coordination
- Alongside the Senior Manager- Digital Health and the Digital Health specialist, provide support to the MOH and existing partners in the development of iCHIS related policies and strategies.
- Participate in MOH meetings, technical working groups and other partnership engagements meetings alongside senior program leadership team members.
- Work with the Digital Health team to build a strong knowledge management system, including program materials design, systems maintenance, and communications approach.
- Other activities as assigned by the Senior Manager -Digital Health, Director of Programs or the Country Director
What You'll Bring
- Experience in software deployment and maintenance, program design and development, training and capacity building approaches, Program coordination, community health worker training and supervision, ideally at national or multi-district level in collaboration with ministry of health directorates
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker (deployment).
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in collaborating program planning and implementation with MOH counterparts at national, district and community level.
- Strong knowledge of the Malawi Health System as well as guiding policies and strategies such as HSSP, NCHS, Digital Health strategy and others
- Demonstrable expertise and competency in organising trainings for CHWs
- Knowledge of DHIS2 implementation.
- Understanding of the Malawi Digital Health ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Management Information systems/Information Technology/Mathematical Sciences
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and currently works in Liberia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone with US offices in Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.