This role was posted on February 21, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Are you a skilled Procurement practitioner looking to build your career in improving procurement services in Liberia? If so, you may be our next Procurement Officer in Monrovia, Montserrado, Liberia.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for executing LMH procurement of goods and services with integrity, attention to detail, swiftness and creativity. Under the supervision of the Procurement Manager this position is responsible for evaluating suppliers, services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement Officer is the official back up to the Procurement Manager.
This position is only open to Liberian National Candidates currently located in Liberia.
What You’ll Do
- Assist the Procurement manager in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing.
- Work with internal stakeholders (IT Manager, Fleet Manager, Chief Mechanic, and operations team) to determine procurement needs, quality and delivery requirements.
- Work with Procurement Manager to maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to identify potential procurement risks and report to relevant authorities.
- Coordinate procurement requests from Last Mile Health Managed counties and execute those requests in a timely manner.
- Work closely with county and operation managers and provide updates on county procurements.
- Maintain county procurement files and update the procurement tracker.
- Work closely with vendors and the Procurement Manager to obtain needed materials with particular attention to cost control, quality, and timely delivery.
- Initiate and keep track of orders, monitor delivery times to ensure they are on time; reconcile or resolve order discrepancies.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records
- Work with PM in following and enforcing LMH procurement policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Procurement Manager or Operations team.
What You’ll Bring
- A degree or Diploma in Procurement, Supply chain management, Administration, or related field.
- Relevant years of experience in a similar role. Capacity to work both independently and with close supervision
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in time-sensitive manner.
You’ll Impress Us If
- Experience working in the health sector.
- Experience in operations/Supply Chain Management
- Advanced literacy, numeracy, and computer skills (including Excel and Word)
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 2
For Liberia the range is: $12,000 - $17,726 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.