Technical Advisor, Health Facility Strengthening
This role was posted on October 6, 2022 and is open until October 26, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
Technical Advisor for Health Facility Strengthening will work directly with LMH’s Programs Management Quality team and the Rivercess County Health Team (identified focal persons) to support care providers in the delivery of high quality Maternal, reproductive, child and neonatal health at selected healthcare facilities. This will be done through regular assessments, supportive supervision, mentorship, using quality improvement approaches in partnership with the RCHT/MOH
This position is open to Liberian National Candidates.
Position: One (1)
What You’ll Do
- Work with CHT and Hospital Medical Director (HMD) to regularly implement Mentored Enhanced Supervision at Health facilities (MESH) activities.
- Implement MESH alongside Work along with the county team (relevant CHT and LMH team members)
- Monitor and report on progress toward targets in monthly basis.
- Co-design and perform facility level assessments to identify gaps in RMNCH services at all project sites
- Identify and address potential areas for growth in capacity of focal persons including that of reproductive health supervisors, midwives, OICs, District Reproductive Supervisor (DRH)
- Work with HEAL fellows and CHT to perform root cause analysis on a high morbidity and mortality cases and conduct quarterly Mortality & Mobility conferences
- Work with the CHT to support and attend Maternal, neonatal death surveillance and response (MNDSR).
- In partnership with CHT identify potential areas for QI and quality assurance to address gaps from above activities and develop action plans.
What You’ll Bring
- Registered Midwife, A physician assistant, nurse midwife or OB clinician preferable.
- 2-5 years of work experience with focus in maternal child health
- 3-5 years’ experience in BEmONC
You’ll Impress Us If
- If you have experience in Quality improvement preferred
- If you have experience with OB ultrasound preferred
- If you have experience working alongside government partners and operational partners
- If you have experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- If you have extensive knowledge of best practices in maternal child health
- If you have strong project management skills
- If you have experience or willingness to ride motorbikes in remote terrains.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process. Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 3
For Liberia the range is: $20,862 to $30,135 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.