This role was posted on December 17, 2022 and is open until January 4, 2023.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are in this together. Do you have a desire to support community health program teams in Lilongwe? If so, you may be an excellent Program Assistant.
LMH has partnered with the Ministry Of Health (MoH) through the Community Health Services Sections (CHSS) and Digital Health Division (DHD) to implement the community health program in line with the National Community Health Strategy (2017 - 2021) and the Digital Health Strategy (2020-2025).
As part of streamlining, harmonizing, and integrating community health service delivery, the MoH is implementing iCHIS that will be rolled out to all community health workers across the 29 health districts. LMH is working with the MoH to support implementation of iCHIS in three districts of Salima, Machinga and Balaka to ensure a strengthened and robust community health system is in place to offer both routine community health services as well as much needed digitized service delivery at community level.
This contracted role is only open to candidates who live in Lilongwe.
- Contract Type: Consultancy
- Location – Lilongwe, Last Mile Health Malawi Country Office
- Reports to- Senior Technical Coordinator
What You'll Do
- Under the overall supervision of the Director of Programs, the Program Assistant will support LMH Program Team in the implementation of LMH FY23 activities as per work plan and objectives, key results (OKRs).
- Support Monitoring Evaluation Research and Learning (MERL) functions by supporting data entry in collaboration with district-based teams.
- Document success stories and videos during training, workshops, and meetings highlighting the impact of LMH work in Malawi.
- Participate in team planning and update the Master Work Plan in collaboration with the Senior Coordinator, Finance and Senior Technical Coordinator.
- Support the Director of Programs in updating different Program Support and Performance (PSP) tools.
- Assist in tracking payment requests, liquidations and other program documentation for timely implementation of program activities.
- Submit monthly reports to the Director of Programs through the Senior Technical Coordinator or any delegated personnel.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned from time to time
What You’ll Bring
- Diploma in Community Health/ Program Management/ Public Health /Community Health Nursing/ Information Technology/ Communication/Community Development from a recognized
- Excellent and proficient computer skills
- Strong organisational abilities, report writing and planning
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have the ability to use social media and media relations.
- You have additional training in project cycle management, and communication for development
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and currently works in Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone with US offices in Boston. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.