This role was posted on February 21, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Are you a skilled Logistician looking to build your career in improving logistical services in Liberia? If so, you may be our next Logistics Officer in Cestos City, Rivercess county, Liberia.
The Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation of LMH Programs /projects in the county by ensuring the successful execution of restock and supply chain activities, the provision of transportation services, the careful and frequent recording of movements and changes. The Logistics Officer will work closely with the Operations manager, program, and administrative staff to ensure comprehensive reporting, support and assistance to all LMH activities in the county.
This position is only open to Liberian National Candidates currently located in Liberia.
What You’ll Do
Restock and supply chain.
- Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, ensure essential restock process for the Community Health Assistant (CHA) program in all Last Mile Health-managed districts, including commodities forecasting/requesting, storing, delivering, and tracking.
- Supervise, monitor, and record all warehouse, stock, asset, and movement activities consistent with Last Mile Health procedures requiring complete accuracy and timely delivery, using appropriate forms, in consultation with Operations and Finance processes.
- Review stock data to inform decisions, submit monthly restock reports and participate in weekly restock meetings.
- Supervise warehouse staff and supervise proper warehouse management. This includes storage space, condition, and the actual storage of stock.
- Ensure appropriate logistics filing systems to include all equipment manuals, maintenance schedules and LMH standard documentation.
- Manage all in-county and between county staff transport, ensuring coordination with colleagues, partners, and transport contractors as necessary. Keep movement tracker up to date.
- Supervise the mechanics and drivers to ensure consistent maintenance of vehicles and motorbikes, including proactive servicing, washing, equipping with safety equipment, and proper usage.
- Ensure transport policy and safety procedures are followed for every movement.
- Track GPS (Frotcom) data for vehicles in the county fleet, using that information to guide management of drivers and movement processes.
Team management and other responsibilities
- Manage a team of operations personnel and take responsibility for the performance of your county’s operations team, conducting regular check-ins with supervisees.
- Perform other tasks as required by the situation or supervisor.
- Maintain quality throughout the logistic processes.
What You’ll Bring
- Diploma or Degree in Logistics or related field
- Relevant years of experience in a similar role
- Capacity to work both independently and with minimal supervision
- Experience in operations and movement control
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in time-sensitive manner.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management experience and the ability to motivate and direct a team.
- Experience in eLMIS is an added advantage.
- Advanced literacy, numeracy, and computer skills (including Excel and Word)
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 2
For Liberia the range is: $12,000 - $17,726 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status