This role was posted on October 18, 2022 and is open until November 3, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
Program Coordinator (PC) is a member of the Program Implementation Management Team (PIMT) based in Monrovia and with the primary responsibility to ensure effective coordination and collaboration between Program Implementation and other program teams including National Community Health Systems/QoS/Institutionalization, MERL, Digital Health and Upskill teams). S/he also participates to co-develop health system strengthening policies and strategies, in cross-team events and activities representing the PIMT.
S/he participates in health systems strengthening and upskill project activities and events as necessary as representative of Scale/Program Implementation. S/he may collaborate with these projects/departments to provide technical assistance and support to the Community Health Services Program (CHSP) of the Ministry of Health.
This position is open to Liberian National Candidates.
Position: One (1)
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the content development of Health Systems Strengthening Policies and Implementation Strategies as representative of the Scale/Program Implementation Team.
- Represent the Scale/Program Implementation in NCHAP quarterly reviews and follow-up activities/events.
- As may be requested by the DPI, participate in events/activities related to NCHAP implementation or innovation projects, in or outside Monrovia, as representative of Scale/Program Implementation.
- Make field trips to the counties with the objective to appraise successes and challenges related to program coordination and elevate to relevant team leads to take required action(s)
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree/Its equivalent in relevant field of public health (clinical knowledge preferred) and management or social science
- Master of Science Degree in Public Health is an added advantage
- At least a minimum of 3 years of work experience working with the Ministry of Health and the County Health Team in relation to health systems and policies development and implementation would be an added advantage.
You’ll Impress Us If
- If you have demonstrated ability to work effectively across cultures and backgrounds
- If you have the generosity of spirit, sensitivity/diplomacy, and willingness to make sacrifices in service of the Mission of LMH
- If you can demonstrate flexibility and ability to multi-task at one time in a time-sensitive manner.
- If you are willing to travel to remote locations via vehicle, motorbike, or foot over rough terrain.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 2
For Liberia the range is: $12,272 - $20,453 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.