- Multiple Countries
- Full Time
- Health Systems Strengthening
This role was posted on December 14, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the two weeks of posting.
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Do you have experience leading the development and design of live, online, and blended learning programs? If so, you may be the perfect fit for our Instructional Designer role.
Reporting directly to the Director of Education, the Instructional Designer provides leadership and project management in the design, development, and production of live, digital, and blended upskiling activities. The Instructional Designer will also work with country teams (Ethiopia, Liberia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, and Uganda) to design, review, and advise on instructional learning activities and leverage technology to promote innovative pedagogy/andragogy that meets the needs of the learners and country specific goals.
This position is open to candidates located in Liberia, Sierra Leone, or on the Eastern seaboard of the United States. Candidates must have the ability to work in one of the countries listed above.
What You'll Do
- Develop, design, and review content pieces, curricula, and assessments
- Facilitate implementation of online and blended learning programs
- Work with country teams, the monitoring and evaluation team, and subject matter experts to design, develop, review, produce, and quality control upskilling activities based on country defined goals
- Facilitate the development of coursework through implementation of outcomes-based instructional delivery and assessment strategies
- Design superior user-friendly, learner-focused, outcomes-based live, digital, and blended learning activities
- Conduct needs assessments, analyzes data and makes recommendations regarding instructional best practices and learning technologies using adaptive management processes
What You'll Bring
- A Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, or related field or 3-5 years of related experience with bachelor’s degree, is required
- 1-3 years of experience developing public health curricula, with a preference for curricula developed for health systems leaders and related to community health
- Experience in instructional design in the continuing education environment
- Experience working in learning management systems and related eLearning design software
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Ability to manage multiple projects and function well in fast moving work environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple work streams seamlessly
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build community with a wide range of stakeholders, including a variety of learners, partner organizations, government representatives, and academic institutions
You'll Impress Us If
- You have experience working in the continuing education environment, preferably related to work in Ethiopia, Liberia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, and Uganda
- You have experience working with Moodle and Articulate Storyline/Captivate
- You have an eye for detail and experience with copyediting
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: Band 3
In Liberia, the salary range for this position is: $20,000 - $35,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
In Sierra Leone, the salary range for this position is:$10,000 - $20,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role. Beyond base salary, this role receives insurance, rent, and transportation benefits per the Gazette.
In the United States, the salary range for this position is: $63,000 - $80,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.