This role was posted on January 30, 2024. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputation and resources.
Do you have extensive experience conceptualizing & designing visual content? Do you possess expertise in illustration & graphic designing paper-based content? Are you familiar with photography and image editing? If the answer is yes then you may be our next Consultant Illustrator!
Last Mile Health seeks to support the Liberia Ministry of Health in developing curricular content for the training of Community Health Assistants (CHA), Community Health Services Supervisors (CHSS), and Community Health Promoters (CHP) in support of the implementation of the validated National Community Health Policy.
Last Mile Health is seeking the services of a consultant to support the illustration of paper-based content.
Working alongside the Upskill Team, the Illustrator Consultant will be responsible for designing visual content and conceptualizing, ensuring visual elements are aligned with existing guidelines, creating illustrations and graphic designs, and leading image editing and photography.
This role is open to national and international candidates based in Liberia.
It is expected that the Consultant will deliver the following Output and Activities:
What you'll do
Conceptualize and Design Visual Content:
- Collaborate with the project team to conceptualize and design illustrations, infographics, and images that effectively communicate healthcare information to community health workers.
- Ensure all visual elements are in alignment with existing guidelines and are culturally sensitive to the diverse communities served.
- Develop creative visual solutions to represent clinical procedures, health education concepts, and community health scenarios.
Photography and Image Editing:
- Capture high-quality photographs of community health workers in various settings, as well as relevant healthcare facilities in Last Mile Health communities.
- Edit and retouch images to enhance visual appeal and clarity, ensuring consistency in style and tone.
- Create detailed illustrations and graphics to accompany textual content, ensuring accuracy and cultural relevance.
- Design visually appealing layouts for the participant's handbook incorporating images, and illustrations.
- Take clear photographs at the health facility, which will be inserted into the document.
Research and incorporate cultural nuances and diversity into visual representations to ensure inclusivity and relevance for a wide range of audiences.
- Sensitively address cultural considerations while developing visual content to avoid misunderstandings or misinterpretations.
- Work closely with the curriculum development technical working group to understand content requirements and translate them into visually engaging materials.
- Communicate effectively within the team, incorporating feedback and revisions to refine visual elements.
Develop curricular content for the training of Community Health Assistants (CHA), Community Health Services Supervisors (CHSS), and Community Health Promoters (CHP) in support of the implementation of the validated National Community Health Policy.
Reporting: The consultant will report to the Last Mile Health Liberia Upskill Program Manager and is expected to lead the work described above and be responsible for the final deliverables.
Location: The consultancy will be based in Liberia and is open only to people with relevant experience living and authorized to work in Liberia.
Period of Performance: The consultant’s period of performance of 3 months, which begins on March 1- May 30, 2024, for a total LOE of up to 30 working days, 10 days each month.Total Consultancy Fee: $7,000 - USD 7,500
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated experience working as a graphic illustrator with a strong portfolio showcasing a variety of illustration styles
- Proficiency in graphic design software i.e Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other
- Willingness to adapt to changing project requirements and client feedback
- Contextual understanding of program locations
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients and related stakeholders
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate concepts into visually compelling illustrations
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
You'll impress us if you have
- Keen attention to details
- Bachelor's degree or certification in graphic design, fine arts, illustration or related field
Expected Start Date: March 1, 2024
SECTION II: PROPOSAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTSSECTION III: EVALUATION CRITERIA
|Approach, methodology & work plan
|Evidence of prior successful experiences for similar consultancy performed
|Favorable recommendation following reference check from organizations for which the same or similar work had been done.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.