Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
This role was posted on May 16, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all in this together. Are you passionate about recruitment, onboarding, candidate experience and inclusive hiring processes? If so, you may be our very first Coordinator, Talent Acquisition.
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, People Operations, the Coordinator, Talent Acquisition will support and/or lead a range of projects focused on recruitment and onboarding in support of a high-functioning and fast-paced People Operations team. The Coordinator, Talent Acquisition will facilitate an efficient and organized recruitment process for new employees intended to deliver a positive and engaging candidate experience. Additionally, the Coordinator, TA will assist with planning and organizing onboarding programs for the new employees across Last Mile Health offices.
This role is open to candidates located and authorized to work in Accra, Ghana.
What you'll do
Support recruitment and hiring processes
- Identify relevant recruitment/sourcing platforms to attract strong diverse candidates for key roles.
- Research relevant job boards, platforms, and networks to build strong talent pipelines.
- Monitor key data metrics to gauge the effectiveness of recruitment platforms used for selected positions.
- Assist with the development and revision of specifications and job descriptions for selected positions.
- Work with hiring teams to identify appropriate candidates and assess their qualifications and experience through a review of their resumes, interviews, and other forms of communication.
- Build and follow best practices to screen and select the best candidates, ensuring compliance with all policies and processes
- Liaise and provide support to hiring managers on the recruitment process to ensure successful completion within timelines.
- Schedule interviews with the Hiring Managers and manage communication with candidates during interviews
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of candidate information and records.
- Effectively use the applicant tracking system (JazzHR) to facilitate the recruitment process and train hiring managers to do the same.
- Provide administrative support to the recruitment team including assisting with maintaining applicant materials, trackers, templates, and guides
- Conduct reference checks for candidates, verifying experience and backgrounds.
Coordinate logistics for new employees and transitioning employees
- Coordinate new hire setup process with Operations, Finance, and new hire’s team
- Assist the hiring manager/ supervisor in building out an employee success plan (30, 60, 90 days)
- Support the facilitation of HR and IT orientation during the new hire’s first week.
What you'll bring
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- Relevant years of professional experience, including experience in knowledge management
- Analytical and tech-savvy, with a significant learning mindset for systems and process improvement
- Working knowledge of tools for data analysis, including Excel, data visualization, and online reporting tools
- Highly organized, with strong project management and work-planning skills
- Proficiency with G-Suite and Microsoft Office
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
You’ll impress us if you have
- People operations experience
- Prior experience using JazzHr
- Prior experience working in the Global Health space
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The band for this position: GHA-2
For Ghana, the range is $13,094- $24,733 USD dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role. Please note that compensation is subject to Ghana taxes.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.