Director, People Operations (Liberia)
This role was posted on January 11, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health requires staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all in this together. Do you have demonstrated experience effectively spearheading and leading a human resources function in a diverse and multinational organization? If so, you might be the right candidate to join our People Operations team in Liberia as our Director, People Operations.
The Director, People Operations (Liberia) is a hands-on people operations leader and will provide strategic business partner leadership and collaboration with departmental managers and teams in line with Last Mile Health’s strategic objectives. This leader will develop a solid understanding of our core human resources operational functions and implement creative talent solutions that improve performance and drive engagement in coordination with the People Operations team in Liberia.
The Director, People Operations (DPO) will manage the Liberia People Operations team, report to the Deputy Country Director Administration Liberia, and receive technical supervision from the Chief Operating Officer. Specifically the DPO will be responsible for setting and implementation of core human resources operational functions, including HR administration and compliance, talent acquisition, learning and development, employee engagement, and contributing to broader people strategies in collaboration with the Global People Operations team.
Ultimately, the DPO will be the go-to talent leader in our Liberia operation, delivering advice and services at the intersection of strategy and execution.
This position is located in Monrovia, Liberia and is open to candidates who are located in and authorized to work in Liberia.
What You'll Do
- Ensure talent practices are compliant with relevant laws, Liberia regulations, and internal policies through effective communication and monitoring of all policies.
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to the administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefits programs.
- Lead and supervise daily administration of HR services with the people operations team including promotions, transfers, contract management and administration, performance management, leave administration and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of Last Mile Health,
- Lead and partner with others on investigations and disciplinary reviews.
- Develop, prepare, generate and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as benefits costs, turnover, recruitment, compensation, promotions, etc.
- Effectively utilize the HR Information system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Ensure proper record keeping and tracking of
- Oversee and enhance the work of the People Operations team in Liberia.
- Partner with hiring managers and the Director, Talent Acquisition to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in hiring manager and candidate engagement and satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the Director, Talent Acquisition to increase gender parity and make LMH more diverse by specifically increasing representation of women through sourcing strategies and targeted attraction strategies.
- Ensure talent acquisition practices are in line with LMH global talent acquisition policies and standards.
- Evaluate and provide insights on LMH recruitment standards and best practices to hiring managers and interview teams.
- In partnership with the Director of Talent Acquisition and hiring managers, forecast hiring needs based on business plans.
- Supervise People Operations team and lead full cycle recruitment process for open positions in Liberia while working with hiring managers to fully scope roles, source and screen candidates, build and implement custom selection processes, and offer roles to finalists.
- Partner with team leads to identify individual and team-wide learning and development needs
- Identify and leverage internal and external resources to develop the technical skills of assigned teams, including partnership with the Director of Learning and Development.
- Support managers to lead high-quality and agile performance management system, including regular goal-setting and review, meaningful coaching, and performance assessment
- Build a deep understanding of individual team cultures, including building evidence through observation, data collection, and engagement.
- Collaborate with and coach team leads to improve leadership and team culture.
- Partner with the Director, People Operations (Global Services) to identify and act on org-wide retention and culture trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Any other tasks related to improving retention as assigned or identified.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or similar discipline or related experience.
- Progressive experience in leading and overseeing an HR function.
- Significant experience in high-growth environments and helping to implement initiatives.
- Significant professional experience in the social sector, with working knowledge of the international development space.
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources standards and practices, especially as relate to policy development and implementation, standards for confidentiality and reporting, and conflict resolution
- Excellent judgment around personal relations and ability to cultivate a warm and welcoming environment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to produce solutions to complex problems in a user-friendly manner
- Ability to navigate complex processes, and problem solve to negotiate and achieve consensus with multiple influencers.
- HR generalist experience in all areas of Human Resources Management, including compensation and benefits, HR compliance, talent management, talent acquisition, and DEI.
You'll Impress Us If
- Experience using an HR Information System and an applicant tracking system preferably JazzHR
- SHRM or other related certification
- Prior experience as an full cycle HR business partner
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to their identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LIB-4
For Liberia, the range is $46,106 USD to $68,174 USD dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.