Technical Advisor, Health System Strengthening
This role was posted on January 25, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
Under this goal, Last Mile Health will employ a full-time Technical Advisor, Health System Strengthening based in Rivercess to assist the CHT in the implementation, monitoring, quality improvement, supply chain, human resource and leadership and governance of the NCHA Program. Reporting directly to the County Manager with a dotted line to the Technical Advisor, Decentralization and Governance in Monrovia, the Technical Advisor, Health System Strengthening will be embedded within the Rivercess County Health Team (RCHT) to facilitate relationship building, provide on-the-job coaching and support county health system strengthening activities to prepare the county to fully transition to complete ownership of the NCHA Program.
This position is Open to Liberian National Candidates.
Position: One (1)
Location: Cestos, Rivercess County
What You’ll Do
- Support the County Health Team (CHT) to develop and update county capacity development plans based on results from capacity assessments and other data sources.
- Provide capacity building support to the CHT to prepare for training, develop reports and documentations.
- Support the CHT on adherence to Public Financial Management systems.
- Provide technical guidance on key technical gaps needed to improve the public financial management system at the county level.
- Provide technical oversight of all Health Information System support provided by the LMH Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) officer.
- Provide technical support for Health Information System strengthening activities at the County level.
- With technical support from LMH Monrovia office, ensure that health system strengthening policies, procedures and requirements from national level are timely disseminated and adhered to CHT.
What You will Bring
You’ll Impress Us If
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process. Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 3
For Liberia the range is: $20,865 - $24,800 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.