- Cestos, Rivercess, Liberia
- Part Time
- Quality of System
Quality Management System (QMS)
This role was posted on January 12, 2022, and is open until January 21, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
This position is open to Liberian National Candidates
The Research Study Direct Observer will be responsible for all stages of project data collection. They will be a member of a collaborative research team working to better understand tools to evaluate community health worker quality of care. The Direct Observer will be based at a health facility in Rivercess. They will administer questionnaires, observe, and record sick child diagnoses, and conduct Community Health Assistant coaching.
What You’ll Do
- Perform study enrollment and participant informed consent procedures
- Conduct questionnaires with community health workers and patient caregivers
- Observe and record community health worker diagnoses of sick child participants
- Ensure careful adherence to all study procedures and protocols and protect child safety and participant well-being.
- Accurately enter all study data into the computer system
- Conduct regular data quality assurance processes
- Offer supportive and instructive sick childcare quality improvement coaching to community health workers.
What You’ll Bring
- Must be a Trained and certified Nurse, Midwife, or Physician Assistant with a license
- Trained in child illness management (iCCM) a plus
You’ll Impress Us If
- Experience conducting research studies is a plus
- High clinical standards, and the ability to accurately recognize and triage sick child cases
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer literacy for data collection and data entry
- Good judgment and ability to address any problems that arise during the study.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.