Multimedia Production Coordinator
This role was posted on December 19, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the first 2 weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have demonstrated experience in coordinating multimedia production? If so, you might be the right candidate to join the Last Mile Health (LMH) Ethiopia Office as the Multi-Media Production Coordinator.
Reporting to the Technical Advisor, the Multimedia production Coordinator is responsible for coordinating multimedia production of training materials produced by Last Mile Health in collaboration with the Ministry of Health. The Multimedia coordinator is expected to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
The Multimedia Production Coordinator has to have great creativity with fantastic time management and planning skills. Key deliverables for this role include the coordination and support of multimedia production team encompassing creative director, script writer, illustrator, animator and video production crew.
This position is only open to candidates who are located and authorized to work in Ethiopia.
- Commitment – 6 months (renewable)
- Start date - February, 2023
- Location – Ethiopia
What You'll Do
- Ensure coordination of the multimedia production team
- Develop schedule and monitor the multimedia production team activity
- Ensure the alignment of produced multimedia content is in accordance with the Ministry of Health training manuals
- Ensuring the quality of designed characters, animations and lecture videos
- Coordinate Multimedia production team meetings and follow on action plans
- Supervise assigned personnel including : developing schedules, assigning tasks, instruction to develop quality material, guide and check work.
- Coordinate pre-production process; meet with designated content specialists to develop concept for multimedia; and support in the preparation of storyboards, scripts, graphic designs with the multimedia team
- Recommend the best way to present the content in different types of multimedia work
- Writes and edits scripts and storyboards for various types of multimedia and video projects
- Assists in the development of a multimedia archive and knowledge management
- Implement systems on quality standards and quality assurance procedures
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with Ministry of Health
- Communicate and obtain approval on multimedia projects from MOH and global team
- Draft scripts and contribute to compelling written content for Video production
- Develop content specific scripts with screen direction and shooting list for production team
- Support in the translation of subtitles for storyboard and videos
- Contribute raw or written content for primary audiences
- Contribute to design projects, like infographics, illustrations, etc.
- Support in the voice over recording for animation videos and lecture videos.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Communications team in Ethiopia
- Represent the Communications team in relevant Ethiopia-team meetings and conventions
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field related to communication and media
- Relevant years of experience in a communications role, ideally in media and communication.
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge in one or more art forms like graphic design, videography, script writing, etc.
- Proven ability to create creative, clear, and powerful written communications
- Work experience on coordinating multimedia production.
- Strong storytelling abilities and ability to frame narratives to a wide range of audiences
- Health background and working experience in medial and communication is a plus
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have experience in photography.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.