This role was posted on February 3, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you know a good story when you hear one—and love tracking down the details to tell it well? Are you an experienced communications or project management professional interested in building and maintaining content and knowledge management systems to drive storytelling? If so, you may be our next Content Coordinator on the Partnerships and Communications team.
Reporting to the Writer, the Content Coordinator will be responsible for knowledge management on the Communications team to drive creation of external content, especially for a donor/funder audience. Key deliverables for this role include maintenance of knowledge management systems and processes (including Flickr for photos, story content database, etc.), proactively identifying content inputs to knowledge management systems, and managing collection of program updates and stakeholder stories from country team colleagues.
This role is based in Accra, Ghana and is open to candidates located in and have work authorization in Ghana.
What you'll do
Manage knowledge management tools for the Communications team, including Flickr and a story content database, and proactively identify and track content inputs
- Oversee knowledge management tools like Flickr and a story content database , ensuring they are up-to-date and comprehensive of all raw and published content
- Proactively identify and track raw content inputs (including photos, videos, quotes, stories, and programmatic updates) from across LMH’s four country programs and global initiatives like Africa Frontline First
- In partnership with the Writer, plan monthly and quarterly tactics to capture inputs from country teams (such as Zoom meetings and email correspondence), and track opportunities and action items systematically
- Package timely updates for the Communications team with programmatic milestones and updates, story ideas, and resources from our four country programs and/or global initiatives to inform external deliverables
- In partnership with the Writer, identify opportunities to leverage raw content for external deliverables (including but not limited to blog posts, social media, and quarterly and annual reports) and contribute to deliverables as needed
- Serve as the primary point of contact for staff looking to use LMH photos by fielding requests, identifying photo options, and contributing photo content directly to deliverables such as slide decks or reports
Contribute to digital platforms including social media and LMH’s website
- In partnership with the Writer, contribute to LMH’s social media presence across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn by drafting content and monitoring social media profiles
- Track social media analytics monthly
- Contribute to website management, including providing timely and quarterly content updates and publishing blogs.
Contribute to brand management
- Quarterly, review brand guidelines and associated resources, recommend and implement updates, and share news internally
- Ensure brand compliance for external deliverables such as slide decks, reports, or other relevant content for partner meetings and similar engagements
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Relevant experience in a communications role, ideally in the social sector
- Experience using Google Drive, including Google Sheets
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Project management experience
- Experience contributing to or managing social media business accounts
You’ll impress us if you have
- Experience with website management
- Experience with photography and/or graphic design (noting that the successful candidate will not be taking photos but rather managing a photo database)
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The band for this position: GHA-2
For Ghana, the range is $13,094- $24,733 dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role. Please note that compensation is subject to Ghana taxes.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.