This role was posted on September 25, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputation and resources. Do you have extensive experience in fleet management and supervision of drivers and mechanics? If so, then you may be our next Fleet Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Operations (DOPS), the Fleet Manager will focus on maintaining all Last Mile Health earth Moving equipment. They will be responsible for the supervision of all drivers and mechanics within LMH and also fill in different operational needs.
This position is only open to Liberian National Candidates.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for the state of LMH’s entire vehicle and motorbike fleet.
- Directly manage and create processes for all LMH drives and mechanics.
- Evaluate Mechanical and Maintenance needs in consultation with mechanics and order spare parts.
- Inspect all procured spare parts for quality.
- Manage strict vehicle maintenance and servicing schedules to minimize downtime.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of vehicle inspections and services.
- Monitor fuel distribution and usage and lead in reporting on fuel consumption.
- Conduct quality-control/quality-assurance checks at each site for proper asset management.
- Schedule and coordinate cross-site movements to support projects across Liberia.
- Monitor vehicle tracking systems and operations communications networks (including telephone, WhatsApp, and email) to ensure that critical information is shared with senior leaders across Liberia.
- Ensure that a fleet of vehicles and motorcycles is operating in accordance with legislation and regulations.
- Communicate with Insurance and organize the appropriate insurance for vehicles.
- Analyze fleet performance data and improve accordingly.
- Manage the fleet inventory to include all required equipment for each vehicle, such as fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and tires.
- Perform other duties as required by the situation or supervisor.
What you'll bring
- BS in Logistics, Operations, or a similar field
- Proven work experience as a Fleet Manager.
- Has extensive years of experience working in fleet management.
- Has several years of driving experience.
You’ll impress us if you have.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional leadership, decision-making, and organizational skills.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
The Band for this position is LBR-3
For Liberia, the range is an annual gross of $20,862 USD to $34,771 USD, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role. Please note that compensation is subject to statutory taxes.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.