Senior Coordinator, Finance
This position was posted on February 20, 2023. While we review all applications on a rolling basis, please note that we will prioritize applications received within the first two weeks of the posting. Thank you.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health requires staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Are you skilled in financial activities and processes, and preparing reconciliations and ensuring compliance? If so, you may be our next Senior Coordinator, Finance.
Reporting to the Regional Director, Finance, the Senior Coordinator, Finance will lead the daily financial activities required for successful implementation and functioning of the Sierra Leone program. They will work closely with Last Mile Health’s Global Finance team to ensure fund availability to implement activities while at the same time making sure the organization is in compliance with statutory requirements as well as organizational & donor policies and procedures. The Senior Coordinator, Finance will be responsible for monthly reconciliations, expense documentation, payment processing and tracking, and ensuring staff awareness of and compliance with financial policies.
This position is based in Freetown, Sierra Leone and only open to candidates who are Sierra Leonean Nationals currently located in Sierra Leone. It will be hired on a 4-month fixed-term contract with potential for renewal.
- Commitment – 4 months at 40 hours per week
- Start date - March 13, 2023
- Location –Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Remuneration range- $1,040.25 -$1,238.41 USD per month
What You'll Do
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Perform all daily finance activities, including processing of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, and general ledger functions
- Lead the liquidation process for the SL team and PEO including collection and filing of documentation, completion of liquidation forms, submission of liquidation forms to global finance, tracking of liquidations against cash disbursed
- Complete monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable
- Liaise with team members in managing cash disbursements and record keeping
- Support team in ensuring compliance with International Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), US federal regulation requirements, and Sierra Leone Finance Regulations
- Identify gaps in staff understanding of financial management processes, address those gaps with fit for purpose training to increase staff compliance with financial management processes
- Organize the Google Shared Drive- Finance folder implementing LMH Org-wide knowledge management guidance and ensuring effective access to financial information by both SL and global team members.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- Thorough knowledge of non-profit accounting principles
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Budget tracking and expenditure analysis
- Highly detailed oriented and organized in work, ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external stakeholders to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Professional level expertise in working with accounting software (across currencies), and advanced level of Excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.