This deadline for applications for this position is November 26th. We will not review applications that come in after that date.
The coordinator supports the country director’s office in implementing management systems improvements and senior leadership coordination across LMH’s sites in Liberia. There is a specific focus on enhancing our use of technology and management/leadership tools, document management systems, and effectively coordinating senior-level meetings, workshops, and retreats. This role is for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and technologically-savvy individual.
What You'll Do
- Proactively assist the Country Director to manage monthly staff meetings, including strategic agenda setting and tracking participation and engagement, ensuring widespread understanding and dissemination of information, and overseeing the creation of department presentations.
- Coordinate all senior leadership meetings from agenda-setting, accurate tracking of keynotes and action items, and follow up with leaders for troubleshooting and accountability.
- Update monthly team emails for the org-wide audience by cross-referencing project and department reports, ensuring high-level updates to the organization on Liberia focused achievements relevant to the program agenda.
- Design and implement training and rollout plans across LMH Liberia sites for communications systems (slack, zoom, etc) in conjunction with the management TWG, IT, and global teams.
- Champion budget and project tracking for the project and activity leads, hold formal and informal training and follow up on systems feedback in conjunction with GMs.
- Build systems for checking knowledge and understanding of current systems and compliance.
- Serve as the in-house expert on coordinating as-needed high-quality support to team leads on developing and executing strong project plans.
- Support the executive team in financial tracking by reviewing documents prior to submission for budget approval, tracking in budget systems, and completing budget to actuals monthly.
- Maintain accurate business services tracker for contracts: ensure various department leads including People Operations, Operations, and Finance are updating, reviewing deadlines and proactively troubleshoot and problem solve issues to ensure renewals are timely and no contracts are outdated.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Masters preferred.
- Formal training in project management and communications tools a plus.
- Significant experience in a fast-paced office environment, including NGO, business, or government settings.
- Experience in training, facilitation, or adult learning and program management a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in comparable position ideally experience working directly with senior-level staff and rolling out org-wide systems
You'll Impress Us If
- Commitment to health equity and social justice
- Strong computer skills, including a high degree of familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Google drive, as G-suite tools- google docs, slides, sheets etc
- google-based knowledge management platforms.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and techniques on the job
- Excellent reading, writing, and editing and abilities
- Ability to develop and implement training for staff members with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and commitment to producing high-quality work products
- Ability to work independently and seek help and guidance where necessary
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston, and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.