Manager, Partnerships & Development
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH) we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Are you experienced in developing and implementing systems that ensure highly tailored cultivation strategies for each donor relationship? If so, you may be our next Manager, Partnerships & Development!
Reporting to the Director, Institutional Partnerships & Grants, the Manager of Partnerships & Development will co-manage LMH’s portfolio of existing philanthropic partners. This portfolio includes approximately 250 foundations, corporations, individuals, and bilateral partners. The person in this position will be responsible for ensuring annual revenue targets of approximately US $4-$8 million in renewal funding with a target of ensuring 70% of funding accrued is multi-year.
In collaboration with another Partnerships & Development Manager, this position will act as the Primary Relationship Manager (PRM) for high-value partners in this portfolio, providing precise strategic management and accurate organization of organizational and individual relationships. We are seeking an individual who is comfortable engaging potential partners and can confidently articulate LMH’s value proposition and areas of alignment with them. The Manager, Partnerships & Development will have strong internal and external relationship management, process development, and organizational skills that will support them in helping to deliver LMH’s development goals.
This position is open to candidates located in Ghana or on the Eastern seaboard of the United States (i.e. located in Eastern Time). Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States or Ghana.
What You'll Do
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews and produce updated revenue projections monthly
- Develop individualized stewardship plans for partners
- Actively engage with external partners on behalf of Last Mile Health toward the achievement of individual stewardship goals, including developing preparation/run of show for partner meetings, facilitating partner meetings, managing day-to-day engagement with partners, and managing inbound requests from partners
- Undertake ongoing, active prospecting, including the development of prospecting materials, and briefing books in support of LMH leadership for external engagements with partners,
- Coordinate ongoing stewardship engagements and inbound requests internally with other teams and externally with partners through meetings and correspondences.
- Support LMH’s participation in annual events such as, for example, Skoll World Forum, UN General Assembly week, World Economic Forum, TED, World Health Assembly, and Aspen Ideas Festival – Spotlight Health
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and ensure data quality; diligently use and support donor relationship management tools, such as Salesforce
- Work closely with other members of the Partnerships & Communications team and other LMH colleagues to ensure delivery of high-quality, accurate, and timely grant proposals/renewals, due diligence, and other donor communication materials
- Demonstrate effective and independent project management, including setting interim milestones and timelines, securing input of multiple stakeholders across the organization, and prioritizing appropriately in order to complete on-time and high-quality deliverables
- Plan and manage virtual and in-person donor visits for portfolio partners to LMH offices and program implementation sites
What You'll Bring
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Several years of relevant experience in a relationship management role
- Demonstrated customer service orientation, both internal and external
- Thoughtful and consistent management of external partner requests (completion of external partner requests on time and at high quality)
- Attention to detail in written deliverables and ability to independently manage processes for ensuring accuracy in written work
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop clear and convincing presentation materials
- Effective process development and organization skills
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in a time-sensitive manner
You'll Impress Us If
- You have experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- You have prior experience in the global health sector
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: Band 3
For the United States, the range is $63,000 to $70,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
For Ghana, the range is $20,000 to $30,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.