- Monrovia, Mpntserrado, Liberia
- Full Time
- Student (High School)
This role was posted on December 9, 2021, and is open until December 31, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
Last Mile Health Liberia (LMH), partners with governments to design and refine community health policies and information systems with strong governance and financing. We design and implement programs to supervise, salary, supply, and upskill community and frontline health workers. Collectively, these efforts aim to sustain responsive and resilient community health systems.
The Driver in Last Mile Health provides reliable and courteous transportation service to LMH staff with safety as a top priority. The driver is in constant communication with site management and staff regarding vehicle movement, maintenance and repair needs, and suggestions for better travel. The driver will be flexible, as working hours may vary from week to week.
This position is ONLY open to Liberian Nationals.
Position: Three (3)
What You’ll Do
- Drive LMH vehicles in and out of assigned sites, arriving at destinations safely, following safety protocol and ensure staff and guest compliance to safety protocol while in vehicle, including ensuring that non-employees who want to ride on a LMH vehicle or motorbike sign a waiver form before riding and after approval from operations management, and appropriately loading and offloading vehicles.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets including the logbook, customer transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, fuel needs and purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested by the Logistics Officer.
- Report any major problem (e.g., accident or need for repair) of a vehicle or motorbike immediately upon arrival to your supervisor and fill out appropriate report.
- As far as your skills allow, aid mechanics to ensure the good maintenance of the vehicle and motorbike fleets.
- Wash the vehicle assigned to you inside and outside. After a trip clean it as needed.
- Perform other tasks as required by the situation or supervisor
What You’ll Bring
- High school education or 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Previous experience employed as a driver.
- Experience driving for NGO/INGO in remote places.
You’ll Impress Us If
- Capacity to work both independently and with close supervision
- Basic literacy, numeracy, and capacity to use phones/tablets
- Knowledge of how to ride motorbikes alone in difficult terrain, and detailed knowledge and experience of the geography of the assigned county
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 1
For Liberia, national staff salary range is $4,900 to $6,900 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. To Apply Please Click This Link Below: