This role was posted on August 27, 2021, and is open until September 10, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
Village Reach and Last Mile Health propose a partnership to strengthen the supply chain component of the National Community Health Assistant (NCHA) program within three Counties in Liberia where Last Mile Health works: Grand Bassa, Grand Gedeh, and Rivercess. Under this partnership, project staff will work with and through the County Healthy Teams (CHT) that oversee healthcare programs within each county and work directly with District Health Officers, and Officers-in-Charge as well as provides linkages with the Ministry of Health (MOH). The County Supply Chain Specialist will contribute to strengthening the supply chain component of the CHA program.
This position is only open to Liberian Nationals candidates.
Position: One (1)
Location: Grand Gedeh
What You’ll Do
- Build capacity in County and District Health Officer supply chain coordinators, Officers-in-Charge, and Community Health Services Supervisors in commodities management through training, mentorship, and on job technical support.
- Support CHT Supply Chain Team in coordinating logistics data tracking of health commodities from health sites in collaboration with the county health department, district health officers in collaboration with county leadership
- Evaluate the commodities supply system effectiveness and recommend changes in goals, objectives, intervention strategies, measurable outputs, and timelines.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure that all LMIS tools and other relevant formats are properly prepared, recorded, and kept.
- Participate in monthly inventory in the county storage facilities.
- Conduct and support routine supply chain M & E supervision.
What You’ll Bring
- Business degree, Degree in pharmacy, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or health-related field with experience in medical drugs and supplies management
- Five (5) years of experience in health service managing drugs and supplies
- Experience working in Liberia's public health supply chain at the county or district level is an added advantage.
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have demonstrated an understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved, and low-income contexts; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country is a plus.
- You are Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
- You are diligent, have attention to critical details, have a keen sense of work priorities, and are resourceful in obtaining and researching important information.
- Have Experience of training at the local government, NGO, and community level is essential
- You have excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work in a team
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 3
For Liberia the range is $20,862 to $25,000 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.