Community Engagement Coordinator
This role was posted on May 30, 2022 and is open until June 20, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
The Community Engagement Coordinator’s role is to enhance robust community engagement activities in close collaboration with the Health Promotion of the County Health Team. S/he engages with community health structures such as the Community Health Committees (CHCs), Health Facility Development Committees (HFDCs), Trained Traditional Midwives (TTMs), elders, and focus groups in each rural community to raise appropriate understanding of the NCHAP concept and the strategic approach and create the motivation that leads to community ownership of the NCHA Program and how they can solve their own health situations through the sharing of community health data and the analysis thereof.
This position is only open to Liberian Nationals candidates.
Position: One (1)
Location: Monrovia, Montserrado County
What You’ll Do
- Both at county and district levels, support regular program meetings to ensures strong coordination and appropriate relationships among program implementation staff (CHSS, QAOs, MERL & Digital Health)
- In collaboration with the HPFP, establish and promote a community-health system feedback mechanism/framework to the community to keep the community informed of the performance of the community health system.
What You’ll Bring
- PA/RN/RM; degree in sociology, public health, with emphasis on community health is an added advantage; a degree in development related fields is also encouraged.
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have experience in working in a culture-sensitive environment.
- You you have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 2
For Liberia the range is: $ 12,272 to $20,452 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.