Digital Health Coordinator
This role was posted on December 19, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the first 2 weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have demonstrated experience in digital health deployment? If so you might be the right candidate to join our Digital Health team as a Digital Health Coordinator.
Reporting to the Senior Digital Health Manager of LMH Ethiopia Office,The Digital Health Coordinator (DHC) will provide high-level support to Last Mile Health's digital health deployment to Community Health Workers (CHWs) across Ethiopia. The DHC will be responsible for high-level technical assistance in the implementation of LMH’s digital health interventions.
The DHC will provide critical planning and coordination support to the Ethiopia Programs team and to users during the deployment of digital health activities in the field.
While based in Addis Ababa, this position is hands-on and will travel to different districts, when necessary, to support implementation of LMH’s Digital Health training and other activities:
- Support in work plan management
- Provide data collection and feedback gathering support
- Participate and lead app installations
- Spearhead implementation of processes and procedure to support digital health activities
- Provide remote support via phone, email, and open source community sites.
All Digital Health staff adhere to LMH’s financial, behavior, and ethics policies, see projects through from beginning to end, communicate obstacles encountered to supervisors, and take on meaningful and challenging projects that change the world for the better.
This position is only open to candidates who are located and authorized to work in Ethiopia.
- Commitment – 6 months (renewable)
- Start date - February, 2023
- Location – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
What You'll Do
- Coordinate with the Digital Health Senior Manager to ensure that the digital health initiatives are run successfully across all districts
- Work with the Senior Manager of Digital Health, Ethiopia country office program teams, the Global DH Coordinator, and other relevant internal LMH departments (MERL, HSS, etc.) to maintain and update deployment tasks in the implementation plan
- Roll out new Deployment Packages (latest apps and tools) to Health Extension Workers (HEWs)
- Support establishment of a digital health management processes and procedures for digital health activities
- Support Digital Health Training activities including the planning and deployment of a digital education platform for Health Extension Workers
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in health worker and health systems leaders trainings across districts
- Support learners (health workers, Ministry of Health (MOH) and health system leaders) during training (including app installation on mobile device, etc.) and remotely after training.
- Support data collection efforts for all digital health activities including data tracking, data review and date submission support
- Ensure that all users have functioning equipment during training and support immediate troubleshooting of devices during activity deployments
- Support the Senior Digital Health Manager to communicate LMH digital health priorities, and provide training on essential digital health skills to LMH and MoH team members when applicable
- When necessary, update course content in moodle as requested by the Programs team. This may require quick edits, quality assurance, and publishing of course materials.
- Quality assurance (particularly) regression testing (testing of new features in new releases) of software before launch
- Feedback provision and gathering on releases (testing releases, post-release)
- Identify and report bugs through LMH’s tracking systems (Jira), and on the Oppia Mobile Community website
- Test new plug-ins, alternative learning platforms, and assess the suitability of different digital health software and hardware for the national HEW program
- Support the Senior Digital Health Manager to configure learning software and support the integration and migration between systems as requested
- Understand and troubleshoot technical issues in the field and report them to the Digital Health Senior Manager
- Brainstorm and test innovations such as experimental hardware, forms, and digital interventions related to LMH’s digital health platform
- When necessary, participate in field visits to observe digital health team processes (including device management, follow-up data collection, feedback gathering) and generate ideas for improvement
- Draw on technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving ability, and creativity to provide the technical edge to LMH’s digital health platform
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, Information Technology, software engineering, statistics, mathematics.
- Experience working with data systems including data entry, data quality assurance, and data cleaning, relational databases, and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with project management, and a high level of initiative
- Relevant years of experience working on IT-related projects
- Relevant years of experience designing and implementing Digital Health systems in the field.
- Willingness and ability to travel to remote areas of Ethiopia, sometimes for overnight visits
- Fluency in English and Amharic
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have knowledge and experience with community health systems, especially the Ethiopian Health Extension Workers (HEW) program, will be a strong advantage to applicants
- You have the ability to build and edit courses on moodle
- You have verbal and written communication for understanding project requirements and explaining these needs to employees and third-party providers
- You have the ability to prioritize and manage time to ensure tasks are completed on time
- You have the ability to support project communication across different stakeholders
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.