Web Application Development Consultant (Malawi, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, or USA)
Please send proposals to the Senior Coordinator, People Operations, Avi Anshika, at email@example.com, no later than February 28th, 2023. No proposals should be submitted via this portal.
Request for Proposals: Web Application Development Consultation Services
At Last Mile Health, we dig data.
Last Mile Health (LMH) seeks to hire a skilled and experienced Web Application Developer as a consultant to design, and develop a data portal web application. Your duties will include consulting with the Data Systems team, and other stakeholders in developing the data portal web application. The individual must have experience in planning, developing, and managing complex data systems to help develop the next generation of Last Mile Health’s data management platform and portal, known as Last Mile Data 2.0 (LMD 2.0).
About Last Mile Health Data Portal
The LMD 2.0 data portal will be developed to support and provide user access to a collection of data from a wide variety of sources, presented on a data visualization tool as interactive, shareable, and exportable for different data analysis use cases.
- Commitment – between 4 to 5 months with an immediate start date preferred
- Contract end date by Jun 30, 2023.
- Location –LMH offices in Malawi, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, and the USA
- Please include your overall proposal cost in USD within your application materials. The consultant will be paid based on completed tasks listed below and detailed in the proposal.
What You’ll Do
The following scope of work describes the key tasks to be accomplished through this consultancy.
Design, development, and implementation of a new web application (data portal):
- Review and refine previously documented requirements from stakeholders for the data portal and help define and prioritize the range of users and use cases
- Plan and develop an interactive data portal, hosted on Amazon Web Services, that meets a wide range of user requirements
- Serve as the subject matter expert in data portal development
- Support and train staff in the use of web application data portal
- Develop training materials (tutorials, videos, guidance notes) for use by staff
- Implement and support technical solutions to deliver business requirements
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve services
- Contribute ideas to coding best practices and new technologies
- Cross-train the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team on the data portal usage
- Responsible for the initial administration, maintenance, development, and documentation and handover of the data portal web application
What You’ll Bring
- Progressive years of expert web application development experience
- Advanced AWS services knowledge and experience
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of testing approaches, ranging from granular unit tests to functional tests of entire applications
- The ability to take user requirements and turn them into creative software solutions using human-centered design principles.
- The ability to make sound technical and operational decisions around a production system operating at scale.
- Support data visualization development and implementation for data analysis.
- Solid Knowledge of the AWS cloud and its services such as S3, EC2, CloudFront, VPC, RDS etc.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Individuals and/or firms with experience in designing, developing, and managing complicated data systems, are encouraged to submit a proposal. Proposals should include at a minimum:
- Methodology, plan, and intermediate deliverables to accomplish scope of work
- Time-bound work plan (Scope of work should be completed in approximately three months. Please include your estimated weekly or monthly hours.)
- Resume, CV, and/or consultant profile
- Summary listing of similar projects completed by the consultant that qualifies you to do this work
- 2-3 client references who can speak to your relevant experience.
- Overall proposal cost in USD
Proposals should be no more than 5 pages in length and should be submitted as a single PDF inclusive of all supporting documents.
Proposals must be submitted electronically to the Senior Coordinator, People Operations, Avi Anshika, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than February 28th, 2023. No proposals should be submitted via this portal.
LMH may request presentations or meetings with any or all individuals/firms to clarify or negotiate modifications to the proposal. However, LMH reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposals submitted. LMH also reserves the right to reject any and all proposals received in response to this RFP.
The contract for services is anticipated to be awarded by March 13, 2023.
By submission of a proposal, the individual/firm agrees to all the terms and conditions as set forth in this request for proposal.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.