Regional Director, Finance
This role was posted on November 4, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputations and resources. Do you have demonstrated experience spearheading accounting and finance operations across multiple offices or programs? If so, you might be the right candidate to join our Global Finance and Administration team as our Regional Director, Finance.
The Regional Director, Finance (RDF) managed by the Senior Controller will provide financial oversight of accounting, AP/AR, audit management and finance operations across Last Mile Health’s four program countries (Ethiopia, Liberia, Malawi, Sierra Leone). The RDF will ensure that LMH has the adequate systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation. The RDF will effectively manage the annual country audit process including funder required audits in the countries. They will work closely with non-finance staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can collaborate and support program operations.
The RDF is tasked with providing technical oversight to the Director, Accounting and Finance (Liberia), Finance Manager (Malawi), and Finance Manager (Ethiopia).
This position is located in Accra, Ghana and is open to both national and international candidates. This is a remote position until an office is identified and established.
What You'll Do
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Manage all country audit activity.
- Develop organization-country wide policies and procedures to provide guidance to country finance teams.
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members in each country, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide high-touch coaching and development to accounting staff across LMH on technical and non-technical areas for growth.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization to promote understanding of financial policies and processes.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of GAAP compliance and multi-country INGO
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus. simple reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Proven experience building skills and leadership capabilities of direct reports and colleagues
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Demonstrated mastery of using a variety of financial accounting softwares
You’ll Impress Us If
- You hold a CPA (equivalent) or Master’s degree in Accounting would be beneficial
- You have previously used NetSuite
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
- The band for this position: SLB-5.
- The salary range is: $95,000 to $115,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.