- Monrovia, Monsterrado, Liberia
- Full Time
Please note Last Mile Health is closed for the holidays from December 24th, 2021 - January 3rd, 2022. We will be back in touch with candidates when we return to the office.
This role was posted on December 9, 2021, and is open until December 31, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
Last Mile Health Liberia (LMH), partners with governments to design and refine community health policies and information systems with strong governance and financing. We design and implement programs to supervise, salary, supply, and upskill community and frontline health workers. Collectively, these efforts aim to sustain responsive and resilient community health systems.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for providing the strategic direction of the procurement team to include purchasing of goods locally and internationally. The procurement Manager has a full understanding of procurement manuals, processes, and effective and efficient systems to lead the department.
This position is ONLY open to Liberian Nationals.
Position: One (1)
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
What You’ll Do
- Lead the Procurement Team to accurately and comprehensively complete procurement-related tasks in a timely manner
- Research market prices. Report to Operations Team any fluctuations in prices or unusual circumstances.
- Contribute to the completion of forecasts for quarterly procurement
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure favorable prices, high quality, expediency, flexibility, and other procurement priorities
- Monitor vendor contracts pertaining to goods and supplies
- Complete purchases with support from the Finance Team
- Provides oversight and is ultimately accountable for all technical aspects of the Grand Bassa Impact Survey and the National Evaluation for Co-Impact. This includes all technical aspects of the survey that requires GIS and ODK.
- Ensure that all purchases meet Last Mile Health’s requirements for expense approval and documentation, completing all procurement paperwork. Close enforce Last Mile Health’s anti-fraud and conflict-of-interest policies.
- Update procurement tracker on a weekly basis
- Expert understanding of Procurement Manual and guidelines related to USAID compliance
- Capacity building and of procurement processes and SOPs in county offices
- Conduct quarterly training with department heads of LMH’s Procurement Manual
- In coordination with Program Director and County Manager, leads in dissemination of LMH’s activities to partners at different forum in the county
- Oversee two procurement officers in Monrovia headquarters
- In coordination with the Director of Operations, ensures procurement tracker is shared to all Department Heads and county team on weekly basis
What you will bring
BSc in Supply Chain Management/Procurement or 4 years’ relevant work experience
You’ll Impress Us If
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication, and organization skills.
- Generosity of spirit, sensitivity/diplomacy, and willingness to make sacrifices in service of the mission.
- High level of initiative to innovate and lead in remote and resource-limited settings.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including across cultures and backgrounds.
- Capacity to work both independently and with close supervision.
- Advanced literacy, numeracy, and computer skills.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 3
For Liberia, national staff salary range is $20,682 to $25,498 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. To Apply Please Click This Link Below